Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Revive of Brock-o-Lee

Hi everyone,
I shall be the heroine for this blog. As everybody knows that this blog need help and here i am to rescue this blog. As for my first post, i should introduce myself. I'm Alison nickname Ally B. I have just become a member of this blog. So i will be one of the authors.

I'm currently studying hospitality in Switzerland. What i'm gonna write most will be about my life her in Switzerland. I know some of you out there are envy and can't get a chance to experience what i'm experiencing now. So, i would like to share my experience here with you. I'm studying at a hotel school known as Glion Institute of Higher Education. It is noted as one of the top schools of hospitality. My whole course will take about 3 and half years. I have been here since end of January. I wouldn't say my life suck here. It's really great. I love the life i'm having and i'm enjoying it so so much. I met many new people.

Meeting and socializing with people is one of my barriers. Believe it or not, i'm actually shy. So you can at least imagine how could i be possible to adapt in this whole new environment. All alone. No one that you know. No one to depend on. No one to cry on. However, everybody here do also feel the same thing. We talked and tried to open conversations among each other. Obviously it will be easier if you can find friends from your own country. Sadly for me, i was the only Malaysian this semester and overall only 2 Malaysians in the whole entire school. Well, that doesn't matter. But obviously, you need to change yourself a little bit like the way you speak and act. You can't speak with the malaysian slangs like "lah", "loh", "ma"...People here do not understand you. However, it was really difficult for me in the beginning because i'm so used to our malaysian way of speaking.

After finding my own cliques, I started to find myself back. I love myself. I love the way i am. I started to introduce my slangs to them and the way i was speaking. Some of them even got influenced my me. LOL. Let's just say that our slangs and "Malaysia-ness" are very unique.

This is my first time being away from home alone. Living here by myself and doing everything on my own. I learnt to be more independant and more organized. I also learnt to be more mature and know how to handle situations. Just say that i'm in good hands. The Lord has always been watching me. He has provided me the Best!

Let's talk more about my friends. i came to know 4 wonderful and amazing friends. They have become a family to me here in Switzerland. They are Esther Park aka Rose (Canadian), Trang aka Dora (Vietnamese), Fathimath aka CoCo (Maldivian)m Hannah aka Milk (Hong Kong) and Hao aka Noodle/Hugo (Taiwanese). They are the ones who i can get high and random. They are the ones who i can be myself. They don't mind my craziness and of course it scared them at first but now i think they take it like an entertainment. LOl. Esther is a very sweet and nice girl. She's actually korean but she was born in Canada. She is the oldest in our group so she is like our big sister in our family. Dora is the cutest and she is the one who i can actually relate too most of the time. Coco is just so sweet and funny. She does many cute things and she has a pretty smile. I love to see her when she smiles. So SMILEEEE COCO!!. Hao is the man in our group. He's the nicest guy in CAMPUS! A compliment for you, Hao. Hao has been really nice and he always watch out for us. Thanks Hao for being the bodyguard for us!! Hannah is just plain funny and sometimes random. She's my cantonese friend. At least i can practice my cantonese on her. She just so cute and she was actually the first person i talk to when i came here.

From left : Dora, Ally, Coco, Esther, Hao



We hang out together, eat together, chill together, study together. Whatever we do, we do it together. It's just so amazing to meet these people. I was so worried before that i will not meet any nice friends. I still do miss my Malaysian friends. Don't think i have forgotten you guys!.. You all are also the best!


Being here in Switzerland, there are many first times too!. My biggest first time was drinking and clubbing. I used to have this wrong perception about clubbing. But then, i realised that actually clubbing is an activity. It's a socializing activity. It acutally depends on who you go with. That is the most important. We also do have to know our limits. So as a beginner of clubbing, I'm not that bad ok. I still can get with the flow.


Getting ready for BLACK PEARL!!







Let's get this party started!!!



Oops...London bridge is falling down..LOl



There was another first time too! The first time that i got drunk. Wait!! not drunk but "A little bit more more tipsy".LOL I puked the whole entire night but thank God that i have my friends to take care of me. Well, if you ask them whether they want me drunk again, they would say "NO, NEVER". I'll tell you why. It's because i am being so so demanding!! Really funny!




MUUUAXXX PABBEE!!! XOXO!!!



Playing Truth or Dare


Ok. I shall stop here for today and will definitely continue more next time. I shall let there pictures do the talking now.



Beautiful Beautiful Alps from my room!




Sunset over the Lake!




Buildings in Montreux




Glion oh Glion!!






My Roomie, Vanessa from Singapore






No comments:

Post a Comment